Indian Confluence (InCo), a non-profit organization that brings you a diverse Indian culture, art and music, also works behind the scenes towards the improvement of the quality of living in the rural India.
InCo works on various initiatives for the betterment of the society and has adopted a village “Pondur” as part of smart villages initiative by Indian State of Andhra Pradesh.
We started on below 3 missions for our partnered village:
- Knowledge Village – Infrastructure, digital classroom,100% Literacy
- Green Village – Tree plantation along ponds, streams & main roads [Beautification by green cover]
- Clean Village – Garbage Collection Mechanism, Awareness Program.
Towards these initiatives, some awareness programs were conducted. a digital classroom has been already setup in the school of this village. Main objective of this is to bring the knowledge accessible to the students in rural areas.
For year 2017, InCo took up a project “IdealSchool 2017” to fund the infrastructure needs of the school. After the estimation received form the school authorities, the following goals were identified:
- Upgrade the room for digital classroom
- Setup better drinking facilities
- Repair of school walls/ceilings
- Repair of classrooms
Summary of all the foreseen expenses:
|Sr. No||Requirement||Qty.||Estimate (in Indian Rupees)|
|1||Room for Digital Classroom||1||750000|
|4||Drinking Water Facility||150000|
|5||Repair of Compound wall||200000|
|6||Providing doors, Windows and Ventilators with Iron grills for 5 Rooms & Electrification||250000|
|7||Major repairs for 2 rooms||200000|
|Estimated cost of the project||3800000|